Example Guidelines for Posting
How to Post
- Constructive, fact-based posts, please.
- Disagree without being disagreeable.
- Send private or subgroup posts when a limited audience is best.
- No profanity or ALL CAPS.
What to Share
- Answer members’ questions.
- Share crime and safety information.
- Recommend local businesses and services (without spamming).
- Sell, share, or give away personal items.
- Announce local events, from town parades to garage sales.
- Discuss community issues without campaigning (or create a subgroup and campaign away to those who opt-in).
What Not to Share
- No volatile topics, politics, or political announcements (create subgroups for these).
- No ‘cute’ forwards or spam to the entire list (perhaps create a ‘Jokes’ subgroup for these).
- No personal attacks (privately if you must, but not to the group).
When to use subgroups
- Create subgroups for discussions about politics, religion, private clubs, or other topics that are not of interest to the majority.
- Member-created private subgroups.
- Easy-to-configure email frequency and topic settings so you get receive only what you want.
- Alerts for blasting urgent information (emergency, crime, safety, etc.),
- Recommendations organized and summarized by category so archived content is easily found.
- Categories for classified sale and free items so they are easily located (even after the email).
- Community moderators are ready for your feedback.